Braun Reveals the Key to Success
Braun reveals the key to success in work, life and love … in your morning routine. Partnering with world renowned sleep doctor and best-selling author, Braun unveils the secret to how we can all become better in the morning
- Expert reveals a link between the morning routine and success in work, life and love
- If optimized, a person’s morning routine can boost energy, focus and build confidence
- Research* reveals that we all have the ability to become better in the morning with the right routine
- According to expert, the best time of the year to change your routine is in autumn when the clocks go back
- New theory supersedes previous thinking that people only have two types of chronotype (body clock): a morning person (the early bird) and an evening person (the night owl)
The research, conducted in partnership with sleep doctor Dr. Michael Breus (author of The Power of When), has revealed that by making subtle shifts in your daily morning habits we can manipulate our body clock to make mornings not only more tolerable, but help with our daily outlook.
According to Dr. Breus, if we get the routine right, we can greatly improve our potential for success in work, life and even love by significantly enhancing physical and psychological attributes such as confidence, focus, drive and energy.
We all have a genetically determined body clock personality known as our chronotype. Your ideal morning routine will be tailored to your chronotype which is rooted into your DNA.
Whilst previous thinking had focused on only two; an early morning person (the early bird) and an evening person (the night owl), Dr. Breus has discovered that there are in fact four distinct chronotypes common to all mammals, which Dr. Breus has labelled, The Wolf, The Bear, The Lion and The Dolphin.
According to Dr. Breus, very few of us fall into the extreme chronotypes groups originally believed to represent all of us (10% are early risers and 10% are late night people). The reality is that most of us fall between these categories so making shifts to our internal clocks is much easier. Getting that morning person feeling is therefore not as difficult as most of us realize, with a little dedication and the right routine we can all experience the morning benefits that many of us thought were impossible.
An area that has seen a large growth in morning routine This new research has allowed Braun and Dr. Breus to design a matrix allowing people to uncover their ideal morning routine. People can identify their chronotype and ideal morning schedules by answering the questions in the Morning by Design infographic.
The key isn’t just how you wake up, it’s what you do immediately after you wake up that sets the tone for the rest of your day. Whether it’s the day of a big interview, a dreaded dinner with the in-laws or a hot date, the new findings can help you set your objectives for the day and achieve them. Dr. Breus’ advice on using your morning routine to achieve success in work life and love; focus is in grooming. “Men have never been more under the microscope than we are today and are keen to ensure the grooming regime plays an integral role in their routine”, said Dr. Breus.
Braun Grooming Expert, Sascha Breuer, said, “Over the last few years we have witnessed a dramatic shift on the importance men place on looking their best before walking out of the door. Having a morning routine in place has proven to boost confidence for tackling the day ahead. Grooming is central to a man’s morning routine and is the key in boosting confidence because when you know you look good, you feel good. An underestimated, yet crucial factor is shaving, and the best shaving tool to achieve that every day is the new Braun Series 9 shaver, as it ensures the most efficient and an exceptionally gentle shave.”
And it’s the tools by Braun that make men achieve their sharpest look setting a new standard of excellence with the Braun Series 9. Thanks to its state of the art attention to detail and premium design, it is the ultimate tool for a great shave. The innovation of the collection is Braun’s NEW HyperLift and Cut trimmer. Customized with a Titanium coating used to coat precision tools, the trimmer provides a sleek ceramic finish giving the shaver an unprecedented sliding surface, making it highly biocompatible with skin, and helping reduce friction for an ultra-sleek shaving experience.
Dr. Breus’ tips for success at work
One of the strongest weapons to help you get ahead in the workplace is efficiency. The power of maximizing productivity with minimum wasted effort all comes down to taking a systematic and well organized approach to your day. To optimize your preparation for this, tighten up your morning routine, keeping each element down to 10 minutes. A fast structured routine from the moment you wake will set you on a pattern of efficiency for the day.
This new research has allowed Braun and Dr. Breus to design a matrix allowing people to uncover their ideal morning routine. People can identify their chronotype and ideal morning schedules simply by answering the questions in the Morning by Design infographic.
The key isn’t just how you wake up, it’s what you do immediately after you wake up that sets the tone for the rest of your day. Whether it’s the day of a big interview, a dreaded dinner with the in-laws or a hot date, the new findings can help you set your objectives for the day and achieve them.
Dr. Breus’ tips for success in life
Life outside the work space isn’t any less stressful. Dinner with your in-laws or a shopping day with your partner can test even the most patient. To heighten your inner calm, make exercise a key factor within your morning routine. Spend a few extra minutes with exercises for the body and mind. It will help you build the focus and balance that you require to stay cool through the day.
Dr. Breus’ tips for success in love
If you are heading out on a date or looking for love, you might want to invest some extra efforts into your grooming routine to help you shine with confidence throughout the day (or night). When getting ready, try not to consider the grooming routine as something that just needs to be done. It’s all about nailing that shave and getting the outfit right. When you feel like you are looking your best, it helps you to be at your most confident.
Braun has developed Top 10 tips to work for every chronotype and, according to Dr. Breus, if followed, will help you become a morning person.
Dr. Breus’ Top 10 tips to designing your perfect morning routine:
- Go to bed at the right time (for you) every night, including weekends. The more consistent your sleep times, the easier it is to wake up. Start with your weekday wake up time and count backwards 7.5 hours (if you wake at 6:30am, your new bedtime is 11:00pm). You can then adjust this accordingly. If you stop needing an alarm after about 10 days, you found your ultimate bedtime.
- Never hit the snooze. The average snooze button is between 7-9 minutes long, your body cannot physically get into a deep refreshing state of sleep in this short period of time. Set the clock for that last minute before you need to wake up, to get all of your deep REM sleep.
- Get direct sunlight for 10 min before you do anything else. Melatonin (the sleep hormone) is still being produced in the morning, but it stops immediately when sunlight hits the optic nerve through your eyes. Go outside or in front of a window and soak it in.
- Drink an 8oz glass of room temperature water. While sleeping you breathe out about a liter of water, and you wake up dehydrated. HYDRATE, it is one of the fastest ways to give yourself a boost (not to mention kick in your metabolism).
- Let there be music. Turning on music is one of the easiest ways to invigorate yourself and get your brain going. Pick a song that is up-beat, even sing in the shower if you want.
- Don’t forget to breathe. Take 5-6 deep breaths in and out revitalizing you with some clean morning air. This increases your heart rate allowing your body to acclimatize to the day ahead more quickly.
- Exercise your body and mind. A bout of physical and/ or mental exercise increases your focus making you more alert and focused throughout the day. Consider 10-15 push- ups, and a 1-5 minutes morning meditation once out of the shower.
- Take a cool shower. While in the shower remember that hot water can raise your core body temperature which is a sleep signal to the brain. Make the water cool, not cold, to continue to bring on alertness.
- Start your day with a good breakfast. Studies show eating a high protein breakfast can improve memory and concentration levels, improve mood and lower stress levels. Like any other organ in the body, the brain needs energy to work at its best.
- Looking good is feeling good. Never underestimate the role your grooming regime and fashion choices have in your confidence. If you shave, then use a shaver that gives you the best results.
Braun Series 9 shaver (RRP $699) is available from leading retailers.
1 – Please see Braun Morning by Design report
2 – Tested on 3 day beards vs. leading premium tier products. Details: www.braun.com/study-results
About Dr. Michael Breus
Dr. Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He was one of the youngest people to have passed the Board at age 31 and, with a specialty in Sleep Disorders, is one of only 163 psychologists in the world with his credentials and distinction. His latest book “The Power of When” will be published in September 2016 and presents Dr. Breus’ new program on how to identify your chronotype, reveal your body’s natural schedule and unlock hidden potential.