We don’t like following trends – we set them! The feedback we received was that New Zealand brides wanted a “real” magazine … about products and services that mattered when it came to planning their wedding and their future lives together.
Our research told us that many of you were “over” the copious pages of fashion shoots and advertising – that you wanted real stories about real brides, as well as first-hand accounts of products and services that others had tried and tested.
We are here to provide you with a good mix of editorial written in a fresh and professional manner by those who know their stuff.
Our columns are penned by experts in their respective fields – why employ a journalist who knows little or nothing about a specialised section of the very wide industry that produces weddings! Even our venue/destination features are written by respected travel writers – again, they know their stuff!
We deliberately keep advertising to a minimum for a number of reasons … but mostly because our readers prefer it and our advertisers demand it. Every focus group we’ve ever conducted points to the fact that readers hate page after page of logo’d advertising!
We believe in EDUTORIAL content, not ADVERTORIAL – our columnists will advise, teach, inspire – they don’t try to sell!
For less than the price of a flat white, you can grab yourself a subscription to My Wedding’s Digital Magazine. Or grab a few relevant back issues – the choice is yours!
Read your copies of My Wedding online, on your desktop PC, iPad, iPhone etc too!! We’re the only wedding magazine in Australasia that can be found on such a vast range of platforms.
We are also the only wedding magazine to come at you MONTHLY – more inspiration, more often!
Welcome onboard … we hope you enjoy both our site and the magazine.
The team @ My Wedding
Charity is a big part of our lives.
- Our Editor-in-Chief toted purple hair raising funds for CanTeen. Please donate to the cause … it’s so worthwhile … and it’s a tax break!
- Before moving to Matamata, we helped out regularly at the Eastern Suburbs branch of Riding for the Disabled. Find out more on their Facebook page.
- We were heavily involved in the Look Good, Feel Better bridal fashion show that raised thousands for a very worthy cause.
- We work with Altrusa in Auckland, an international organisation that develops programs tailored to local needs, undertaking a variety of service, literacy and fundraising projects each year.
- We also committed to assisting Shine, an organisation that empowers individuals to let their light shine and, by doing so, transforms communities spiritually, financially, economically and socially.